This website is owned and operated by Make a Change cc. It is Make a Change’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us, in the circumstances set out below.
We will only collect and use your personal data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our products and services; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Make a Change cc, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your personal data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
Technical data that we collect automatically, including cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our websites.
We will automatically collect, store, and use the following categories of data when you browse and search our site:
1. Technical information, for example, the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access our site, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform; and
2. Information about your visit to our site including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from the website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Personal Data we collect via our website, https://makeachange.co.za (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect personal data where you choose to interact with us on the website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected
When you purchase products or services:
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store or when we invoice you.
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Delivery address
- Contact number
- Payment details
What we collect and store when you visit our site:
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products and services you’ve viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type;
When you purchase from us, we may ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our service offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 3 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, videos and offers:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services.
We may use Your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you such as Mailchimp. Mailchimp is an email marketing sending service operated by Intuit Inc. For more information on the privacy practices of Mailchimp, please visit their website: https://mailchimp.com/legal/.
Our website may use plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
When you complete a contact form:
- Email address
- Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form as well as telephone contact details (optional).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links on our website to and from third parties
Our websites contain links to and from various third party sites. If you follow a link to any of these external sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third party sites.
When you comment in any discussion or blog post:
- Email address
- Any personal data which you provide to us in the free text comment box
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your personal data to:
- process and manage your use of our website and the orders that have been placed;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- to monitor the usage of our websites;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to improve our services and website through analysis of information;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your personal data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share personal data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share personal data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
Who has access to the data?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent;
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information;
- Contact us requests like your name, email address and message sent.
- Newsletter sign-up information like you name and email address.
Our team members have access to this information to help reply to requests, set up appointments, fulfill orders and generate invoices, process refunds and support you.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We may store your data manually or electronically. Any data stored electronically will be stored in secure servers, and any data stored manually will be stored in our premises within South Africa.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our services and payments options to you; for example:
We accept payments through PayFast (for South Africa) and PayPal (International).
When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayFast, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the total invoiced amount and billing information provided to us.
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your personal data, including your email address.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Contact Make a Change cc for any questions related to this document